cronjob.php

In b1gmail5 there used to be a file called "cronjob.php" I would set this to run every minute so it would check for and deliver new emails automatically.

This file does not exist in b1gmail6, is there an alternative?

Hi, been trying to use that fetch.mail.php with no sucess as the mails dont get delivered when I run it. I have just upgraded to 6.3.1B2 and it still doenst work, only when someone logs in do the emails get processed.

I do get some error messages when I call the script from teh command line, like this :-

"PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated"

And :-

"PHP Notice: Undefined variable: setup_is_running in /usr/home/mpfs/mail/public_html/lib/classes.inc.php on line 19
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: dosess in /usr/home/mpfs/mail/public_html/lib/functions.inc.php on line 2314"

I have sorted the first error, but it might be worth pointing out the use of a command which is going to be depreciated possibly in the future. I do not think that the 2nd errors are relevant as the class is checking to see if the none declared variable is true, which it obviously isnt and carries on running as normal I would assume.

Just to check, this command is correct :-

"/usr/local/bin/php /home/mpfs/mail/public_html/fetch.mail.php" ?

patrick

Staff member
B1G-Software-Kunde
pillhead said:
The response from the script is "0.52146300 1123769527 - OK" if thats any help.
That's just an OK response.
Perhaps the logs contain information about the error (you can find them in the ACP at 'Logs').

patrick said:
That's just an OK response.
Perhaps the logs contain information about the error (you can find them in the ACP at 'Logs').
Hmm, cant see alot in the logs, but this :-

11.08.2005 12:44:58 - (classes.inc.php:956) MySQL-Error at '/index.php': 'Unknown column 'paused' in 'where clause'', tried to execute 'SELECT * FROM bm60_ads WHERE paused='no''
11.08.2005 12:45:27 - (classes.inc.php:956) MySQL-Error at '/index.php': 'Unknown column 'paused' in 'where clause'', tried to execute 'SELECT * FROM bm60_ads WHERE paused='no''
11.08.2005 12:45:36 - (classes.inc.php:956) MySQL-Error at '/admin/index.php': 'Unknown column 'last_admin_try' in 'field list'', tried to execute 'UPDATE bm60_prefs SET last_admin_try=0'
11.08.2005 12:47:40 - (classes.inc.php:956) MySQL-Error at '/index.php': 'Unknown column 'paused' in 'where clause'', tried to execute 'SELECT * FROM bm60_ads WHERE paused='no''
11.08.2005 16:00:22 - (classes.inc.php:956) MySQL-Error at '/admin/index.php': 'Unknown column 'last_admin_try' in 'field list'', tried to execute 'UPDATE bm60_prefs SET last_admin_try=0'

But that does not get updated each time I run the fetchmail script, so I guess they are not relevant. I do know there are mails awaiting to be delivered in the catchall account and they will not be delivered till somebody logs in, the fetch.mail.php is not working :(