Special Characters Viewing

nyb50

B1G-Software-Kunde
I have a couple of questions regarding the attached pictures. The text in the subject line is supposed to be in Arabic (windows-1256). But here it appears as strange characters although the Arabic characters are displayed correctly in the inbox view. Is there a way to modify the text encoding? I already modified the templates to show windows-1256 characters but couldn't solve this one.

My second question is regarding the eml attachments. Is there a way to display such attachment without saving it first then displaying it using Microsoft Outlook?

Your answers are highly appreciated. Cheers.

Attachments

nyb50

B1G-Software-Kunde
Please Please Patrick I really need to know the answer to this.

The same problem occurs with the addressbook. Whenever the name is written in Arabic (Windows-1256), it is displayed incorrectly as in the previous attachment.

I really appreciate your response.

patrick

Staff member
B1G-Software-Kunde
DON'T PUSH YOUR TOPICS.

You've to set the encoding in index.tpl to windows-1256 (or was it windows-1252?)

nyb50

B1G-Software-Kunde
Sorry Patrick for that, I apologize. But you know I really love this software and I spend hours on it. I've even made the user interface completely in Arabic. I can post the language file here if you want.

The problem is index.tpl is already set to windows-1256. Setting it to windows-1252 did not help either. Any suggestion?

nyb50

B1G-Software-Kunde
I hope I am not pushing the topic now since it's been a long time ;) . I've looked into all of the templates and made sure that the correct encoding was enforced but with no success.