Pre-purchase questions

nyb50

B1G-Software-Kunde
Sorry for writing in English because I don't understand German. I really like your product, b1gmail. I have a few questions before I decide to buy.

1- Will I get the newly released version 6.2 when I buy?
2- Is it possible to auto-preview the attached images within the message?
3- How flexible is the system in displaying non-standard characters such as Arabic or Hebrew?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

martin

B1G-Software-Kunde
Hey... english in this Board is no problem.
I can only answer your first question:
YES, you will get the newest version of B1Gmail...

but nur third question...
I think B1Gmail is flexible enought, but I´m not shure...

Martin :]

nyb50

B1G-Software-Kunde
Thanks guys for the reply. I hope somebody answers the other two questions. I also forgot to add a fourth one:
4- What is the fetchmail mechanism?

martin

B1G-Software-Kunde
The fetchmail catches the mails off the POP3 Box and write them into the Database... hmm ok, the fetchmail.php is uses for other stuff too... for example closing sessions and so on :tongue:

patrick

Staff member
B1G-Software-Kunde
b1gMail doesn't work like other webmail systems like SquirrelMail. b1gMail doesn't require real mail-accounts on your server machine. You simply set-up one "Catch All" mail account (that means that every mail which is receiving at your domain is forwarded to one single mail / pop3 account, *@domain.xy -> one pop3 account). b1gMail reads out this single mail account, fetches all mails from it and analyzes the mail headers to get the recipient and then puts the mail into the (virtual) b1gMail mail-account of the recipient.

--> You don't need an own root server to start your own hotmail-like mail-service. All you need is one pop3 account, php and mysql.

I hope you can understand my broken English.

nyb50

B1G-Software-Kunde
I appreciate your help guys. That was really useful and the English is excellent!

I need my other two questions to be answered though:
3- How flexible is the system in displaying non-standard characters such as Arabic or Hebrew?

Regards

patrick

Staff member
B1G-Software-Kunde
nyb50 said:
I appreciate your help guys. That was really useful and the English is excellent!

I need my other two questions to be answered though:

Regards
2. No, you have to download the attached images.
3. Could you send such a mail to "teste@demo.b1g.de"? (really "teste", not "test" :)) I'll tell you if it arrived correctly there.